We refer to our recent publication titled, “Additional Responsibilities for Task Force Chairman,” derived from Pastoral Memo reference CCC/EMF/PO/AD/APP-002/05-23, dated 25th May, 2023, and wish to make the following clarifications concerning the additional responsibilities highlighted in the said publication/memo:
- The additional responsibilities given to the C.C.C Task Force Chairman, VSE Firmin Adjovi are strictly limited to his functions as the Head of the Task Force, CCC W/w.
- In his capacity as Chairman, Task Force, CCC W/w, he is to oversee the activities of the Task Force Corps in Diocese’s where they exist.
- By so doing, he is to ensure that set rules concerning remittances to the World Headquarters of the Church are followed to the letter.
- In addition, he is to ensure that violators of Church rules and perpetrators of wanton disregard for Church authority are identified and brought to book.
- He is also to ensure that the rules and tenets of C.C.C. are obeyed and the provisions of the Church Constitution (Blue Book) are upheld.
- In discharging his duties as aforestated, he is neither to usurp the roles of the Clergy who hold positions of authority in any C.C.C. Diocese in Diaspora.
- We make bold to say that these additional responsibilities do not place him in the position of “DEPUTY PASTOR” as being insinuated in some quarters.
The foregoing clarifications were made by His Eminence, Reverend Emmanuel Mobiyina Oshoffa, Pastor and Spiritual Head of the Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide, in a phone conversation from his present location in France.
Superior Evangelist Kayode Ajala/ C.C.C. Media/Thursday, 15th June, 2023